Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Getting to the Center

I just went on an amazing trip with my brother.  It was not the drug-induced kind, although at some points, I felt particularly high.  One night, I walked to the center of a labyrinth and found a crystal at the center.  From what I've read, there are many meanings and cultural origins of the labyrinth - what I took away and what it meant to me was this:  I'm following a circular path that is lined with some direction, but in order to follow it to THE center, I have to trust MY center where my heart and soul live.  And then, you make it back out to the beginning and do it all over during those times we need to find our center, place a hand on a crystal and feel the magic again.

We also made it to the center of a vortex - I thought I was going to keel over trying to keep up with my brother (the sonofabitch is younger than I am and has longer legs), but success was had by all.  Standing between the beautiful enormity of art created by Mother Nature made me feel magnanimous and insignificant, all at the same time.  It imposed upon me the realization that as individuals, we can bring one another so many things - love, joy, pain, sorrow and everything in between and surrounding that (much like a labyrinth).  And that also as individuals, we are but a minute pinpoint that exists on this earth and I was summoned to absorb the fact that in the grand scheme of the universe, we are but that... a pinpoint.

I needed to learn that my joys and struggles and those of the people I know and/or love can be found in the center and celebrated, understood or solved, as it so applies.  And that we are like the tip of a pin that makes a prick in the universe and creates a tiny hole - but through that hole, a light can shine through and expand to places much bigger than us.  So this is a Doing What I Thought I Knew.


No comments:

Post a Comment